• A/C Problem Fixed (CCRM)
  • Started by my2000zx2
A/C Problem Fixed (CCRM)
on: July 21, 2005, 07:40:11 AM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) was the source of my A/C not working.  It had been out for about a week and was pure torture.  For those that are not familiar, the CCRM is the little box below the air filter that houses 5 relays on a printed circuit board.  The relays send power to the a/c clutch, fuel pump, and PCM among other things.  Before going to the dealership to buy the $172 part, I decided to open it up and have a look see.  After drilling out the rivets that hold the housing together I opened it up and quickly realized that a solder had broken off.  Looks like my hot shot intake shook it into submission.  After scraping the rubber down to the copper tracing I soldering the living crap out of it so that it wouldn't happen again.  I then rivoted it shut and added some padding between the bracket and chasis, and between my custom air box and the CCRM housing. The a/c is back on and is as cold as ever because I added some refrigerant after listening to all the self proclaimed mechanics at work.  Anyhow, I couldn't find anything on the web that went into this much detail so I thought that I would post this to try and help all you sweaty bastards out there that are driving without a working a/c.  :lol:

• Ironmark
  • ZX2 Crazy!

• December 03, 2018, 09:23:01 PM
    • Parksville, NY
  • more
A/C Problem Fixed (CCRM)
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 01:57:51 PM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest »
much appreciated! my A/C still works, but if i ever start having a problem with the CCRM ill come looking for this post.
Now -- Iceman Intake, K&N Filter, Trubendz 2.25" Catback w/ Cat for resonator, Sprint Springs, B&M Short Shifter, 21mm EGT RSB, ES Shifter Bushing, MSD Coilpack, FR 9mm Wires, MX3 Strut Bar

Soon -- EGT Brakes, SS lines, ES kit, WW Kit