• I'd like your opinions on my rear disk setup. EDIT everything is installed!
  • Started by Darth Maverick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest »
Well, I need to address a potential leak somewhere that just popped up today, but besides that the major works I'm adding to my sig. After that, I think I'll be content.
Never underestimate a good driver, and a determined little 4 banger.

So what was the total damage (bill)?

Cost of parts and hours of labor.

Just to get an idea for all us other tuners drueling over rear disc swap.
Can\'t afford a high priced performance car?  Then build one!
Prices, Parts and Locations

Oh jeze. I didn't even think about counting after a certain point. Well, I splurged for a few things, like just taking the calipers to PepBoys and using them as a deposit for rebuilt ones. That set me back about 75 per caliper. R1 concepts (check teamzx2's vendor list) has pads and rotors for awesome prices, and Napa has the e-brake cables for much less than Rob. I need to check over my figures.  :?

Oh and swearing, lots of swearing for the labor. Depends if there is a mom or maternal figure nearby and whatever rates she charges via the swear jar.

• Ironmark
  • ZX2 Crazy!

• December 03, 2018, 09:23:01 PM
    • Parksville, NY
  • more
Oh and swearing, lots of swearing for the labor. Depends if there is a mom or maternal figure nearby and whatever rates she charges via the swear jar.

HAHAHAHA!!! Thats classic!

I do have a question for you. How the hell did you break the lateral arm bolts loose from the damn spindle???? Did you use powertools or hand-tools?
Now -- Iceman Intake, K&N Filter, Trubendz 2.25" Catback w/ Cat for resonator, Sprint Springs, B&M Short Shifter, 21mm EGT RSB, ES Shifter Bushing, MSD Coilpack, FR 9mm Wires, MX3 Strut Bar

Soon -- EGT Brakes, SS lines, ES kit, WW Kit

WD-40. A lot of it.

A LOT

• Ironmark
  • ZX2 Crazy!

• Parksville, NY
  • more
lol! ok.. I have vacation in august so i'm doing this then.
Now -- Iceman Intake, K&N Filter, Trubendz 2.25" Catback w/ Cat for resonator, Sprint Springs, B&M Short Shifter, 21mm EGT RSB, ES Shifter Bushing, MSD Coilpack, FR 9mm Wires, MX3 Strut Bar

My dad also used this tool, not sure what its called, I want to say its a center punch. But it doesn't have a sharp tip and the one he had just so happened to be the exact diameter of the bolt so it could fit into the shafts. Once we got it moving I just had at it with a hammer and there ya go.

• Ironmark
  • ZX2 Crazy!

• Parksville, NY
  • more
any tool will help. I know mine is probably rusted in solid.