• Ticket...court...etc
  • Started by SoccerJunkee2123
Ticket...court...etc
Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 08:32:39 AM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest »
LOL!!! That's hilarious mirror.  I don't know anyone with a garage so that wouldn't work for me.   Good luck to ya man, I hope they can't stand in for each other and I hope you get off.  Cops totally suck.  They just think they can make an example out of a younf person with a totally HOT car.  Either that or they're jealous cuz they have a wife and kids and can't afford to have a car like that.  LOL!  O Well... his loss, your gain!

I just took pics of my car today everyone!  I haven't gotten to the good stuff yet.  Just lights, etc.  You'll see.  Keep an eye out and let me know!

--Kristen  :D

• playa69

• August 04, 2007, 12:51:27 PM
    • Lebanon, Or
  • more
Ticket...court...etc
Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 11:33:27 AM
that's funny, smart kid. my bro's teg is the most noticable car in the tri-city area, cops know him, but the dumbass speeds anyway. he's actually suspended now (as of yesterday) because of his $6000 ticket, they dropped it to $300, but he's suspended.
Public Relations

• Foos Fight
  • ZX2 Crazy!

• January 06, 2013, 03:42:23 AM
    • Toledo, OH
  • more
Ticket...court...etc
Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 10:17:18 PM
Yeah that's the only bad thing about spiffin' up your car is the police attention....  I've often thought about doing what you were talkin' 'bout back in my neighborhood Mirror, it's got a couple li'l side streets I could go through to shake 'em.  Plus the lady across the street lets me use half her garage for my car.  That's great 'cause I'm actually parking her for the winter this year.  YAY!

How the heck did he get a $6000 ticket?!

- Darron
WARNING!  I probably have no idea what I\'m saying, doing or thinking...you have been formally warned.
16.210 1/4 mile and now I have a brand new tranny!

Ticket...court...etc
Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 06:26:46 AM
Yea, Ive been a delevery driver for about 2 months now and I know most of the back roads around here. I went past a cop at just under 65 in a 40 and he was traveling in the opposite direction and he hit his brakes and last I saw him, he was half way turnt around and I decided f*** this, and downshifted to 3rd and took off, took a few side roads and he had no clue where I went. My brother was in the car (15) and he was freaking out, after about 2 miles of back roads, hes said "Why dont you drive the speed limit from now on?" I started laughing and said "good idea"

Ticket...court...etc
Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 07:18:29 AM
I'll be completely honest. I don't support running from the police.

I think the reason that police will quickly pounce on Tuners is because we can weave in and out faster than they can. We are smaller and can fit through smaller, more confined spaces. And we can instantly accelerate out of a corner without loosing control of the vehicle. Crownvicks might be fast on the straightaway, but you get them down in city streets or twisty suburban streets, they have no chance. So they bust us every chance they get.
Can\'t afford a high priced performance car?  Then build one!
Prices, Parts and Locations

Ticket...court...etc
Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 08:16:31 AM
Ive gotten pulled over 2 times now. 1 was for doing an illegal U turn ($153.50) and 1 for my tint (5 days to take it off). I dont really run but just in that case,  the chance was there so I took it.

• playa69

• August 04, 2007, 12:51:27 PM
    • Lebanon, Or
  • more
Ticket...court...etc
Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 10:12:51 AM
well, mirror's idea won't work in my neighborhood. the neighbors are the ones that CALL the cops on us. right now we're a "target house" cops sit across the street all day, but past my house. my bro was like, "da cops r stupid, i'll get up to 100, but by the time i get to our house, would have already slowed down to pull in to the driveway, and he's a 1/4 mile past that." the cops aren't very bright. damn i hate my neighbors, they keep callin the cops, mostly for loud music, but by law i can have it on as loud as i want til 10 pm. f*ck neighbors, i need to live in the country!
Public Relations

Ticket...court...etc
Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 02:08:46 PM
While they are sitting out there, make them some coffee.  And the week before Christmas, make them a turkey.  Make sure they know where you live.  They tend to let things slide more.

Next to my house is a church, next to that is the local Police station.  We never have a problem with police.  Sure they are up and down our street, but that is because it is a main road in and out to the highway.  We sent them cards to the Station on 4th of July and they remembered and let us slide on an out of control party we had.
Can\'t afford a high priced performance car?  Then build one!
Prices, Parts and Locations

• KoiHoshi
  • ZX2 Crazy!

• October 05, 2012, 11:15:16 AM
    • Oregon, USA
  • more
Ticket...court...etc
Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 02:28:42 PM
Quote from: "SoccerJunkee2123"
Yea, I'm not going to step on any toes here, I just don't want this on my record.  I wasn't planning on saying that he was profiling, I am just pissed cause I know he was...tinted windows...rims...yea...I was debating the validity of the gun, but if he can't read a sign 30 feet away from him, how is he supposed to pick me off from 811.5 feet?  I was reading last night and I saw that only about 3% of the people that are issued tickets actually fight them in court, and 20-25% of cops don't even show up.  If anything, hopefully he doesn't expect me to come in and he won't show up and make things really easy. Anywho...yea, if you guys think of anything else...feel free to share...

Here is what I would do

If they ask you why you were going that fast, say something to the effect of, "Well at the time I was pulled over I was entering from a 55 to a 65 zone that I was marked at 77 by the officer.  I'm sure the number may be correct but I was not aware of the speed zone change so quickly, I had figured I saw the sign earlier back about one half quarter mile (where they normally place a sign) but I suppose it may have been the sign indicating that the speed was about to change from what I interpreted from the officer, at least that's what i understood to the best of my knowledge"

Don't make it sound like you're weaseling out of it.  Make it sound like you are concerned and honestly didnt' realize your mistake and that you are "apologizing" to the court or the judge.  They don't want to hear that they were wrong, but that whatever happened you are accepting what happened and are sorry.  Even if the officer was a douche.

Dress nicely, half the people in court dress like idiots that just woke up, no respect for the court.  I was told by someone who dealt with this stuff to dress nicely, be professional, answer his questions with "Yes your honor, no your honor" or "Yes sir no sir".

I just got back from MY court date and my ticket was thrown out and i got drivign school, not on my record.
Manda stole my ZX2.

Ticket...court...etc
Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 09:36:05 PM
Yea, I plan on dressing nice and even getting my hair cut...I look like a hippie (sorry to any hippies). I know that they don't want to hear that they are wrong, but they were...bastards...anyways, the county I got my ticket in doesn't offer traffic school...so that sucks...anyways...